In these extraordinary times, Maltalingua is constantly reviewing the fast-moving situation to support the national effort to tackle COVID-19. In the meantime, our Prime Minister addresses the nation on a regular basis with updated guidelines for COVID-19 measures to be taken to ensure that the number of cases does not increase further.
The main message in this document is to reassure all our students that we are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure their safety, keeping to the guidelines issued by the Health Authority.
While social distancing and hygiene is fundamentally public health measure to reduce the spread of infection, we recognise that there are common concerns and this document has been created to address them.
Social distancing and hygiene measures have been implemented at the school premises in terms of: -
- Adequate distancing within the classrooms.
- Installing Perspex screens at the reception area.
- Ensuring regular cleaning of surfaces such as door handles, tables, and stair handrails.
- Regular cleaning of toilet facilities – stating maximum persons allowed in at any one time.
- Providing sufficient sanitising dispensers throughout the school premises.
- Ensuring students sanitise their hands before entering school premises and classrooms.
Social distancing measures have been implemented at our accommodation in accordance with regulations. COVID information is displayed concerning hygiene and social distancing and our Accommodation Supervisor will be pointing out the rules on arrival. If students do not adhere to social distancing and hygiene measures a warning will be issued and failure to obey will result in being asked to leave.