Maltalingua is on the lookout for talented, motivated team players that seek a position within an organisation that focuses on the bigger picture - It’s our people that make us special.
Head of Reservations
Maltalingua School of English is hiring! Our award-winning language school is seeking to employ an experienced Reservations Manager, who is able to provide an exceptional level of customer service, to be able to work effectively under pressure and to lead our small international team of school registrars.
The ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in English and Italian (additional working use of another language a plus)
- Has at least 2 years’ experience working within the hospitality industry in sales and customer support
- Has experience working within a language school or hotel reservations department
- Experience and ability to motivate, inspire, mentor and lead a team while maintaining high-performance within a positive and supportive work environment.
- Has exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of service and ensuring that student satisfaction is paramount
- Has a ‘Can do’ approach to work to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Currently living in Malta
- Responsible for the day to day running of our school’s reservations and bookings department
- To ensure a high level of quality and service is being provided by yourself and your team
- To ensure our school CMS booking system is utilized effectively and to its maximum potential (initial training will be provided).
- To ensure that all bookings and enquiries are processed correctly and within the prescribed timeframes
- To monitor the receipt of payments, follow up and to ensure that appropriate action is taken immediately when required
- To constantly monitor and liaise with the Operations Manager and Junior Programme Manager to ensure availability
- To effectively handle and manage customer complaints
- To ensure that all airport transfers are booked with our supplier within the prescribed time-frame
- To ensure that all accounting requirement deadlines are met for the accounts department
This full-time position is currently available!
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
Student Leisure Coordinator
- To help coordinate the running of the Activity Programme
- To book activities and transport with the relevant suppliers
- To ensure a licenced guide is available and booked when required
- To actively promote the activity programme to students
- To assist students in the booking of activities
- To accompany adults on activities as their Group Leader when required including some evenings and alternate Saturdays
- To generate new ideas for the programme
- To maintain and update the activity folders
- To ensure that the activity boards are up to date at all times.
Customer Care Assistant
- To meet and greet students and be their first point of reference
- To process student requests for additional services e.g. books etc.
- To welcome prospective clients to the school, providing information on courses available and helping them to book
- General reception duties
- Preparation of materials for new students
- To provide support to the registrar team
Previous experience preferred.
Applications should be sent with a cover letter to Julian Micallef at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFL Teachers - Teaching English Positions in Malta
Full and part-time applicants should either hold a TEFL, CELTA or DELTA qualification (or equivalent). We are keen to employ friendly, outgoing teachers who are motivated, innovative, organised and able to work as a team. We focus on team-building with in-house teacher development. Remuneration is competitive. Applications should be sent with a cover letter to Michael Porritt (Director of Studies) at DOS@maltalingua.com.
Internships - Work Placement
Maltalingua is offering part-time and full-time internships in a variety of sectors to interested and motivated individuals. Our internship programmes give you the chance to practice your English, gain valuable work experience and explore the beautiful island of Malta. Discover more about our internships here.
Maltalingua is looking to provide our adult students with a home away from home. We are looking for families who are caring and are more than willing to make our students feel welcome. Accommodation is a very important part of the service we provide and we hope all our students leave Malta with an around positive impression. Hosts must be within a 15 min walk from the school, which is located near the City of London Pub just off Balluta Bay. Rates vary accordingly. Please send applications to email@example.com or call us on (00356) 2742 7570.
Group Leaders & Animators
Maltalingua is recruiting enthusiastic and sociable group leaders/animators who care about the well-being of our young students. The positions are ideal for those who are looking for work experience in the education and travel sector. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, fluent in English and comfortable with flexible working hours. Although we are primarily looking for adventurous group leaders, we expect responsible candidates we can rely on. If you think you are the person you are looking for and would like to join our international team, please send your CV and cover letter in English to Ms Aofie Doherty firstname.lastname@example.org.