Fantastic News! As of Monday 16th August, Maltalingua School of English has opened its doors and can accept bookings for all fully vaccinated students! Face to Face lessons are back!
This means you can now book your English Course with Maltalingua and as long as you have a valid vaccine certificate you can enter Malta, and study at Maltalingua, without any need for pre-travel testing or quarantine:
Currently, to travel to Malta all passengers are required to present a completed Public Health Travel Declaration and Passenger Locator Form (PLF). The Digital Passenger Locator Form can be accessed from https://app.euplf.eu.
You require a valid vaccination certificate recognised by the Superintendent of Public Health (age 12+) for a full course of vaccination (2 doses or 1 dose of a single dose vaccine) with EMA approved vaccines (Comirnaty [Pfizer], Jannsen [Johnson & Johnson], Spikevax [Moderna], Vaxzevria [AstraZeneca]), with batches that are authorized by the national regulatory authority of the administering country, with 14 days after the last dose.
The official vaccine certificates currently accepted in Malta are:
- The Official Maltese vaccination certificate
- The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate, issued by EU, EEA, and non-EU countries connected to the EUDCC gateway. The EU Digital COVID vaccination certificate now includes certificates from Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Ukraine, and Vatican City.
- The United Kingdom NHS (paper or digital) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccination Certificate
- The UAE Al Hosn vaccine certificate
- The UAE vaccine certificate issued by the Dubai Health Authorities with a readable QR Code
- The Turkish vaccine certificate of full course of vaccination.
- The United States CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card is verified through the VeriFLY app. The VeriFLY app is available on both Google Play (https://bit.ly/2WkqfrI) and Apple App Store (https://apple.co/3x8K0zn). Go to https://go.daon.com/veriflyapp for Verifly FAQs.
- The Serbian “Digital Green Certificate” with a readable QR Code
- The Gibraltar, Jersey, and Guernsey vaccination certificate
- The Covid 19 vaccination certificate issued by the Ministry of Public Health, Doha, Qatar
- The Albanian Digital Covid Certificate // Certifikate dixhitale shqiptare COVID
- The Australian COVID-19 Digital Certificate as verified through Medicare Express Plus App.
- The Arab Republic of Egypt COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- The Lebanese COVID-19 vaccination record card
- Vaccine certificates showing recovery from COVID in the previous six months, in addition to one dose of an EMA-approved vaccine administered at least 14 days prior to arrival in Malta, are also accepted, from 1st October 2020.
The above information is being regularly updated however we strongly recommend you do your own checks as well.
Your health and safety is our utmost priority, and all our staff and students to continue to follow strict safety procedures to ensure a safe environment in our school and accommodation offerings.
Life in Malta remains relatively normal, with all cafes, restaurants, bars, beaches, and tourist attractions operating as normal, with no masks required at the beach or when walking outside in pairs or alone, (as long as you are fully vaccinated) allowing you to explore the best of what Malta has to offer while improving your English.