In these extraordinary times, Maltalingua is constantly reviewing the fast-moving situation to support the national effort to tackle COVID-19.
In the meantime, our Prime Minister addresses the nation on a regular basis with up-dated guidelines for COVID-19 measures to be taken to ensure that the number of cases does not increase
further. Presently, outlets such as supermarkets, cafes/restaurants, beach lidos, hairdressers can operate under strict COVID-19 measures.
The main message in this document is to re-assure all our students that we are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure their safety, keeping to the guidelines issued by the Health
Authority. While social distancing and hygiene is fundamentally a public health measure to reduce the spread of infection, we recognise that there are common concerns and this document has been created to address them.
Upon arrival in Malta
All passengers arriving in Malta will undergo an infrared thermal screening at the airport.
Social distancing and hygiene measures have been implemented at the school premises in terms of:
- Thermal scanning on entry to the school premises.
- Adequate distancing within the classrooms.
- Installing Perspex screens at the reception area.
- Creating a one-way system in the school to ensure the easy flow of students/staff entering and
- exiting the premises.
- No large gatherings or assemblies are allowed within the school’s common areas.
- Students will need to wear a face mask during their stay in the school, including in the
- Ensuring regular cleaning of surfaces such as door handles, tables, and stair handrails.
- Regular cleaning of toilet facilities – stating maximum persons allowed in at any one time.
- Providing sufficient sanitising dispensers throughout the school premises.
- Ensuring students sanitise their hands before entering school premises and classrooms.
- Students will be sat in their own seats in the same classroom every day.
- Ensuring adequate distancing on the roof terrace and pool area.
Students are required to wear face masks at all times whilst inside the school premises, including classrooms. Please note that social distancing measures are mandatory when not wearing the mask outside.
Juniors and teens will be accompanied and kept in their groups separate from adults.
While social distancing measures will be enforced during guided tours and activities, juniors and teens will be under the responsibility of group leaders.
Junior/Teens travelling home earlier:
In the case of a child having to leave early, parents are asked to make sure they have travel insurance to cover any administration costs incurred with the airline when changing flights. If this
is due to the junior/teen being infected, we would need to contact COVID emergency and inform the parents immediately. Again, Health Insurance is mandatory.