Useful English expressions – Asking for and giving advice
There are various ways how we can ask for/give advice in English. Imagine you have a problem and you ask one of your friends for a piece of advice, or a friend asks you for advice. You can ask for advice/ give advice by using some of the following expressions;
Asking for advice
- What do you think I should do?
- What should I do?
- What do you suggest?
- What do you advise me to do?
- If you were me what would you do?
- What ought I to do?
- Do you think that I should…?
- If I were you I would/wouldn’t….
- If I were in your shoes/position I would…
- You had better/ you’d better…..
- You should…
- Your only option is to….
- Why don’t you….?
- Have you thought about….?
- Have you tried…?
created by Tess Giordmaina
[ssquiz id='15' all]Useful English expressions – Asking for and giving advice,